Preparations for Haiyan.

1:05 AM

Hi guys! Style Panoramia's back! First, i want to say sorry because of the long- time-no-post. And second, because im still with no outfit shot. And that's because of one reason. Here's the story. 

Well, we were already planning to have that photoshoot until, we heard that there's a SUPER typhoon (Haiyan) that's gonna hit the Philippines, and specifically the Visayas Region. 


Btw, for the information of everyone, im from Iloilo City, which is located in the Western part of Visayas. And because of that, we were all nervous and very much worried. 


It was all over the news that Super typhoon Haiyan was considered to be the strongest typhoon in the whole world. It had sustained winds of 200-250 kph. (Goosebumps) 

The weather reporters said that the super typhoon's winds can pull out a coconut tree out of the ground. (Imagine that!). It alarmed us. So, there's nothing else to do but to prepare.

Read along for some simple and practical tips to save your stuff from flood. 


I was worried of the heavy rain pour that might result to flood. This is what I did! I got some garbage bags, and put all my clothes inside. Atleast, what ever happens, they'll just float in the water, and my clothes inside won't get wet.


Never forget to put your things on an elevated place. Also make sure that you tie those boxes and containers together for it not to fall, just in case the water's current is strong.




These are some of my mom's clothes. We made a washing line inside my room to hang them.



Voila! My room in preparation for Haiyan! Btw, that orange gown hanging there is my prom gown in my Senior year. (Just sharing)



This is where I put my files, notes, and books. A must-save!! Definitely a need especially in the future. Sorry about the ceiling. lol. 

Another tip, don't forget your files, not only those for school, but also your birth certificates, land titles, transcripts, and etc.





Say hello to my water proof, and flood ready cellphone! 

Make sure your cellphone batteries are full. Charge it before hand. Communication is very important. An extra battery or an extra cellular phone can be a great help because, brownouts can last for weeks during calamities.


And because I'm so excited for an outfit shot one of these days, I made sure that my stuff are safe. I wrapped these in some sticky plastic. (I actually don't know what its called. Sorry for that.)





My laptop! My partner in blogging. And don't forget its charger.





Its been a week since Haiyan/Yolanda hit Visayas. And Iloilo City is pretty much blessed because there aren't any damages, nor casualties. But, our fellow Filipinos in Leyte, especially in Tacloban are very much affected. 


These are tough times. But there is no one like our God. He is our Provider. He doesn't give us circumstances we can't manage. We can all get through this.


Prayer is the greatest help we can give the Haiyan/Yolanda survivors. 

Keep the Faith. 

Thanks for reading. 

Let me hear from you guys. Feel free to comment, or send me an email at trixxtanedo@gmail.com

God Bless us all. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments